Friday, November 21, 2014

Anecdote


I believe that my thinking has actually been enhanced and broadened after reading and writing online. I have either learned about things that I did not know about before or I have learned more about a specific topic that I was familiar with but did not know much about. Because of online social media and sites, I tend to read and write more often too. I am not a big fan of reading books but I will read interesting articles or posts that catch my eye on the Internet. I use various forms of social media online where I can read about what other people are doing and write about things that I am doing or thinking about. I also use these forms of social media to communicate with others, which is another way that I use reading and writing through the Internet. I have found clarity on topics when I use the Internet to find out information on things I did not know about before. I understand that everyone can see what I put online and that they Internet has an enormous audience. Once something is uploaded to the Internet, it is there forever. Information and pictures posted on the Internet can never be fully taken down; therefore, it is important to think about what one is putting on the Internet and to be responsible because they can never get it back. I feel like my memory has been hindered after using the Internet so much. I usually do not have to memorize that many things now that the Internet has become so prevalent in my life. The Internet helps me stay connected to my friends and people that I do not see on a regular basis through the use of various social media sites. These sites allow me to either look at people’s pictures or read their posts or chat with them through instant messaging. I think that my ability to concentrate has been lowered through the use of the Internet because there are so many things available online that distract me from doing the things i am supposed to be doing. Through the information online, it has challenged my thinking and shows me that there are things that I do not already know. I have gained more knowledge through reading things online because there are people that post their knowledge and it helps people to learn new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment